HR & OD Business Partner wanted
Unity Housing and Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association firmly believe that everybody deserves a safe, warm, and affordable home. However, both organisations are about more than bricks and mortar; they also believe that people and communities should be supported to thrive and live well in sustainable tenancies. They engage with their tenants and BME communities to develop a good evidence base to help them design their services and influence policy. They seek to represent BME communities, and others, in the multi-cultural neighbourhoods within which we work. In these organisations, the customer is key, and they want to ensure all their customers live in a home they love and in a community in which they can thrive.
To continually develop and improve their services, they require an ambitious and people focused HR & OD Business Partner to join them in supporting their staff and wider organisational community to achieve their best.
Who are we?
• Equality and fairness
• Business focussed
Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association
• Integrity and spend money wisely.
In September 2020 Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association launched their new three-year corporate plan which sets out their new vision, mission, and values for LYHA. It’s called Together 2023 because it’s all about partnership with their customers, to shape what they do and how they do it and customer feedback played a very important role in developing this plan.
Similarly, Unity Housing approved their new five-year corporate plan in June 2021. As a housing association driven by its social purpose to tackle inequality and empower local people to improve their prospects, they were formed in 1987 to meet the urgent housing needs of black and minority ethnic people (BME) in Leeds. Today they are more than a housing association. While they have a core business that manages 1,300 affordable homes, provides a good landlord service and contributes to the physical regeneration of communities, through their subsidiary Unity Enterprise, they offer services to local business, employment and training support to local people and provide c130 managed workspaces.
Unity Homes and Leeds & Yorkshire Housing Association have an ambitious plan. Having recognised a shared desire to continue to develop and support their staff in key areas, in line with their long-term strategies; we are looking for a HR & OD Business Partner who is able to work across both organisations offering a service that mirrors business requirements but also reflects the needs of the individuals working within them.
The primary requirement of the role is to work across both organisations in an equal manner offering:
Support to the Senior Management Team to drive the implementation of the People and Culture Strategy (LYHA) and the Organisation Development and People Strategy (Unity) by leading on the delivery of organisational development initiatives and interventions. To do this you would work closely with Directors, Managers and Team Leaders to support and implement new ways of working and ensure that the skills and capacity of the workforce meet current and emerging organisational needs.
Alongside this you would also
• To provide a comprehensive HR and OD business partnering and advisory service which positively transforms the way we deploy, develop, and manage our people.
• Champion a learning culture with a strong focus on employees achieving their full potential through a wide range of organisational and development interventions.
• To support the delivery of a learning and development service working with teams to identify, design and deliver learning and development interventions which meet the needs of the organisation.
• Project Management of complex and varied OD projects to a successful conclusion
Who are you?
• A CIPD qualified professional (Level 5 +)
• An experienced and confident professional within the Human Resources and Organisational Development function
• Previously managed change and led on OD projects with successful implementation
• Created and delivered a range of organisational development interventions
• Successfully influenced culture change supporting the development of a performance culture in organisations
• Able to identify skills gaps, developing learning solutions and evaluating training, making presentations, facilitating groups and group work and giving ongoing support to others e.g. trainees
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email Hannah.Quinn@badenochandclark.com to hear more about the organisation, the role and the recruitment process.