English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Improving your English can help you get more out of your life in the UK. It will also help if you want to study, improve your CV, or apply to become a British citizen.
Improving your English
If English isn’t your main language, you can do a course to help you improve. These courses are called ESOL or English for Speakers of Other Languages.
Improving your English will make it easier to:
- Talk to employers, doctors and teachers
- Search for jobs and training opportunities
- Be more confident when speaking to others
- Understand the laws and customs of the UK
- Help your child with homework
What an ESOL course involves
ESOL courses cover:
- speaking and listening
- reading and writing
- punctuation and grammar
If you would like any further information or would like to book a place on a course, then get in touch with our employment team.