Transfers & Mutual Exchanges
If you are already a Unity tenant and want us to move to a different home , we call this a ‘transfer’. If you apply to transfer to another Unity property you must have a good reason to move. For instance:
- You are now over or under occupying your home.
- You are the victim of harassment or your health and safety is at risk
- Your current home doesn’t match your medical needs.
Depending on your circumstances, if any properties we feel are suitable for you become available we will consider your request.
Mutual exchanges happen when two or more tenants decide to swap homes. This might be because your home is too small for your family, or if it is too big and you are considered to be ‘under-occupying’. Exchanges don’t have to be between Unity tenants, you can swap with any other housing association or council tenant.
I want to be considered for a transfer/exchange with another tenant. What next?
Remember, you must have Unity’s permission to complete a mutual exchange. If you swap homes without your landlord’s written permission, you are living there illegally and risk eviction. Please speak to someone from our Customer Services Team on 0113 200 7700 or talk to your Housing Officer and we will tell you if you are eligible.
You should then:
- Apply for a Leeds Homes bidding number if you don’t already have one. Go to the Leeds Homes website in order to do so.
- Complete our mutual exchange form. You can either download one from this web page or contact us and we will send you one.
- Find someone to swap with using the Government’s Homeswap Direct scheme. (If you need help using this service, or advertising your property on the website, we will help you do this – please get in touch) For more help finding someone to swap with click here.
- Check each other’s homes to make sure you are happy with the property before agreeing to move.
We may refuse permission for our tenants to complete a mutual exchange, usually because:
- Either tenant has a court order of a ‘Notice of Seeking Possession’ against them.
- Either tenant would over-occupy or under-occupy the home
- Either tenant has rent arrears
- Your home has been specially adapted
- You live in sheltered accommodation.
If there are no problems, we’ll give you permission to exchange within 6 weeks. You will need to have a Leeds Homes bidding number in order to complete a mutual exchange.